CCTV Drain Surveying Course
- Category: Courses
- Published: Monday, 10 November 2014 09:24
- Written by Train2Drain
- Hits: 1249
Those of you who will be taking this course will need a copy of Manual of Sewer Condition Classification 5th Edition, this can be obtained from WRc Bookshop on-line: Here
The NADC have been working with the Environment Agency with regard to misconnections. The EA have consulted us on various aspects of detection misconnections and this has now been included in this new course.
This makes this new certification the first of its kind here in the UK because in addition to identifying faults within drainage systems surveyors will also be trained and certified in the identification and reporting of misconnections.
The new courses will be run from training facilities in London, Bristol, Manchester, Dublin and Glasgow, this will ensure that the vast majority of contractors will have easy access to the training they require.
We fully expect CCTV drain surveys to be in much greater demand in the coming months but this will only apply to certified drainage surveyors.
This course approved by the national association of drainage contractors (NADC) and energy & utility skills (EU skills) certification body and are part of the NADC certified contractor scheme.
Upon completion sucessful candidates will receive a personal certified NADC id card and certificate.
The course content includes the following:
- Drain ownership and sewerage law;
- Domestic drain design, drain misconnections and components;
- Drain investigation best practice;
- CCTV survey practical exercise;
- Domestic drainage classification coding;
- Condition grading and the need for drain repair; and,
- Selection and specification of the correct drain repair technique